M-O-N-S-T-E-R! Monsters! Monsters! YES WE ARE!
And Hiddles Too.
Seriously though, where do people come up with the prices for these things? Who in their right mind would be like, “Hey, these dolls are super hot right now. Maybe these outfits are hot too. I’ll buy 10 of them and sell them at $62! It’s a number I just pulled out of my ass, but somewhere some desperate bitch will buy it” Thankfully, out of their 10 available, none has sold.
saw all three of the scary tales dolls, plus an abby, two spectras, and a cupid at target today. just. kill me.
Yup!! I don’t know if they are only in specific places. But in the newsagents I go to, they sell packs of MH postcards. There’s 6 in a pack, 106 to collect. They’re amazing~ I love them so much. I’ll put up pictures at some point when I’m bothered to put batteries into my camera ;w;
[Also, I was just staring at that Hiddles gif for …a reasonably long time.]
Where do you live? I don’t think I’ve seen much MH merchandise outside of the dolls and general accessories around my city. I saw a pack on ebay, but they’re so pricey. Do they come with a little album too?
[Hiddles…he does things to people. When I get my Hot Toys Loki figure, he’s totally going to hang out with the MH ghouls.]
Honestly, I’m sorta happier that they came around during this time of my life. Why? Because I have a good job and money that I can use to buy dolls and dolls and more dolls. As a kid, I would have had to wait until my birthday and Christmas, especially since my parents weren’t very big on buying me a lot of toys. I didn’t get an allowance either. My super conservative grandmother, who was a major part in my childhood, would have never allowed Monster High dolls in or near her house.
And as a child, I probably wouldn’t have taken good care of them like I do now. And I probably wouldn’t be as interested in customizing them either. I guess what I’m trying to say that as an adult, I appreciate the dolls much more than my child self would have. My child self would have probably dump them in the toy box with the Barbies after play time was over. And my current, adult self would be all, “You pick up that doll and put her on the shelf like she’s supposed to be!” I don’t think I would have gotten along with my child-self! XD
I’m 23 and I love, love, love Monster High.
Also, if you will allow me a moment, I wish to have a celebratory post as I am currently collecting the monster high postcards. There’s like …106 to collect? … And I’m half way through and so far there has been no doubles in the packs I bought.
Wait…there are MH postcards?! PLEASE TELL ME MORE!
I recently purchased a Dal stock outfit off of eBay to see if they would fit my lovelies. I purchased the stock outfit from the Dal Neo Angelique Erenfried doll, pictured below:
It came with pants, vest, shirt, tie, coat, shoes, book, and glasses. I split the set up between Domina and Claude (I still don’t have all the pieces for Claude, so he looks mostly like Jackson for now.) Here’s how it came out:
1. The Pants - The pants do not fit either doll. They are too short and not wide enough. Domina’s calves could not fit in the pants. I didn’t bother trying them on Claude.
2. The Shirt - The shirt did not fit Claude, it was just barely too small. However, the shirt fit better on Domina. The sleeve length is good, although it is just a tad loose around her torso.
3. The Vest - The vest fits Claude, as you can see. But just barely. It’s a fairly tight fit. I did not try it on Domina.
4. The Tie - The tie wraps around Claude’s neck fine, although it had to be adjusted to fit properly underneath the collar of his shirt. It could be just a bit bigger. I did not try it on Domina.
5. The Coat - The coat fits Domina perfectly. The sleeve lengths are the right amount and the coat is loose enough so that it looks properly like a coat. I did not try it on Claude since I had a hard time getting Domina’s arms through the sleeves, I imagined Claude’s arms would not fit.
6. The Accessories - The glasses obviously do not fit, since Dal heads are much, much larger. Shoes are also much, much smaller. The book was cute though, and a good size for a prop.
Overall, the Dal clothes did fit a female Monster High doll well enough. Although if you’re looking for a Dal outfit for the pants, choose pants that are not tight fitting because they will not slide over your girl’s legs. The tops are loose, but will still look nice if overlapped. I plan on buying a Charlamagne stock outfit for Antoinette whenever I get around to customizing her.
I’m too late.